Cats Destroy West Virginia by 39 Points
Advance To Elite 8 at 37-0
Cats Dispatch Hampton and Cincinnati
In NCAA First and Second Round
Advance To Sweet 16
Best Start in NCAA History
Cats Finish Season Perfectly, 31-0; 18-0
Established Themselves In Very Rare Company
– Kentucky became the 29th team in NCAA history to record a perfect regular season. The Wildcats are the first team from a major conference to finish the regular season undefeated since Indiana in 1975-76 and just the third team overall to accomplish the feat since 1990-91.
– Kentucky became just the 13th school in NCAA history to start a season 31-0. Six of those schools went on to win the national championship, 10 reached the Final Four.
– Kentucky extended its school-record start to 31-0. It is also the best start for any team in SEC history.
– The Wildcats now own the two longest winning streaks in SEC history: 32 from 1953-55 and 31 in 2014-15.
– 31 is the longest win streak in John Calipari's coaching career.
– This is the 15th time in school history that Kentucky has gone undefeated in the SEC regular season, the second time under Calipari (2012) and the fourth time since 1996. It also marks the third time in the last four years that an SEC team has traversed the league undefeated.
– The Wildcats set a school-record with 19 home wins this season, eclipsing the record of 18 set in 1985-86, 2009-10 and 2011-12.
– It marked the 12th time in Rupp Arena's 39-year history that Kentucky finished the season undefeated at home and the fourth time in six years under Calipari.
Cats Complete Perfect Season 31-0
Not Done Yet!!
Cats Beat Mississippi State, Arkansas and Georgia
Move to 30-0
Only Fourth Team Since 1978 To Start 30-0
1979 Indiana State; UNLV: Wichita State; UK
Quote of the Year:
Georgia Coach Mark Fox Following
Kentucky's 25-8 run to win by 8
"We played hard. We played very well.
But we didn't play perfect.
And they are so dang good that
you almost have to play perfect."
Cats Beat Auburn and Move to 27-0
Tie Longest Same Season Winning Streak
Longest Streak Ever, Spanning Seasons,
Is Within Reach at 32
Tyler Ulis Took a Cardinal Elbow To the Eye
After Stitches, Returned to Give MVP Performance In Second Half
Cats Waltz Through First Twelve Opponents
By Average 30 Points Per Game
Beat Kansas, North Carolina, and UCLA
by Combined 85 Points
Stage Is Set For The Battle of the Bluegrass-
2014 Installment on December 27 Features
11-0 Louisville #5 vs 12-0 Kentucky #1
Cats Open 2014-15 Season
As Solid Pre-Season Pick
Favorite To Claim National Championship in April
Cats Take On Former NAIA National Champions
Pikeville and Georgetown
For 2014-15 Exhibition
Win Both by Huge Margins With Solid Platooning
Calipari Lifts Curtain On Platoons
For Six Games In Bahamas Against
National Teams and Pro Teams
This is how the 2013-14 Season Ended
This is how the 2014-15 Season Begins